**Please note: deadline extended to November 11, 2019**

Un/Sounding the Relational City
Deadline for submissions: November 11, 2019
Conference dates: February 28–29, 2020
http://as.nyu.edu/music/events/2019-2020-events/un-sounding-the-relational-city.html
New York University Department of Music, Graduate School of Arts & Science

Keynote speaker: Steven Feld, Senior Scholar, School for Advanced Research

Un/Sounding the Relational City is the Spring 2020 conference organized by the Music Department of New York University’s Graduate School of Arts & Science. We invite participants to ask how the sonic politics of urban space and the rhetoric of soundness provide a critical vantage into the role of sound and music, real or imagined, in organizing or disorganizing urban life. The conference will feature programming in the form of traditional academic paper presentations as well as live performances and audiovisual work.

For the full Call for Presentations, please visit: http://as.nyu.edu/music/events/2019-2020-events/un-sounding-the-relational-city/call-for-presentations.html

We welcome submissions from scholars and artists at any career stage, and especially encourage independent scholars and graduate students to submit. We hope that financial concerns will not prevent anyone from submitting an abstract: there will be a limited fund available to support travel on an as-needed basis.

Please submit abstracts to relationalcity -at- gmail.com by Friday, November 1, 2019. In your email, please include:

Title
Abstract (for papers, 20 minutes + 10 minute Q&A) or Proposal (for performances/installations), 250–300 words
Name(s) of presenter(s)
Affiliation (if any)
Presentation format
A/V or other technical requirements
Hyperlinks for up to 3 relevant video/audio samples (for performances/installations)

We ask that you remove any identifying information from your abstract/description, though we understand that audiovisual work samples may be difficult to fully anonymize.

Email relationalcity -at- gmail.com with any questions.