Master of Music in Music History at the Wells School of Music, West Chester
University of Pennsylvania, deadline Feb 1

West Chester University of Pennsylvania welcomes applications to our
Master’s of Music program in Music History with a two-year Graduate
Assistantship for the 2020-2022 academic years. The Master's program in
Music History provides an integrated study of historical musicology, with
special focus on Euro-American art music, and with courses also available
in World and American popular musics. Specializations of our faculty
include Medieval and Renaissance music, 18th-century art music, Opera,
Gender studies, 19th-century art music, English music, Film music, Music
Cognition and 20th-century art music. Our flexible curriculum can be
tailored to suit individual interests; the program is designed to be
completed in two years. Our graduates have gone on to pursue doctoral study
in historical musicology and ethnomusicology in prestigious programs, as
well as related careers in secondary education, library science and arts
administration. The Wells School of Music offers a vibrant scholarly
environment with opportunities for performance and research, and with an
easy access to musical and cultural institutions in Philadelphia.

The Music History GA will assist music history faculty with teaching and
research. This position carries an annual stipend of $5000 plus a full
tuition waiver.

We welcome applications through Feb. 1. Please apply to jonderdonk -at-
wcupa.edu. Dr. Onderdonk will also be at the AMS Boston meeting (Nov. 1-3)
for anyone interested in learning more about the position.

For more information about the Wells School of Music, please visit
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wcupa.edu_music_default.aspx&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=vuIrL9PGpYNqSp2DvFZS0MlOvC5oRgzw93YOnivMC00&s=xQO1B7Ix_JsWIwQIJHSDNKWlKhKLkSMVh56Z57hGfXY&e=  or
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.wcupa.edu_programs_grad_music_default.aspx&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=vuIrL9PGpYNqSp2DvFZS0MlOvC5oRgzw93YOnivMC00&s=Fw2KVLN3xP7yyPjygLdZlbKNQyRU0tU_HEBc5YGQhMY&e=

Dr. Julian Onderdonk
Professor of Music History
Coordinator of Music History Program
Department of Music Theory, History and Composition
Wells School of Music
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
West Chester, PA 19383