Master of Music in Music History at the Wells School of Music, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, deadline Feb 1

West Chester University of Pennsylvania welcomes applications to our Master’s of Music program in Music History with a two-year Graduate Assistantship for the 2020-2022 academic years. The Master's program in Music History provides an integrated study of historical musicology, with special focus on Euro-American art music, and with courses also available in World and American popular musics. Specializations of our faculty include Medieval and Renaissance music, 18th-century art music, Opera, Gender studies, 19th-century art music, English music, Film music, Music Cognition and 20th-century art music. Our flexible curriculum can be tailored to suit individual interests; the program is designed to be completed in two years. Our graduates have gone on to pursue doctoral study in historical musicology and ethnomusicology in prestigious programs, as well as related careers in secondary education, library science and arts administration. The Wells School of Music offers a vibrant scholarly environment with opportunities for performance and research, and with an easy access to musical and cultural institutions in Philadelphia.

The Music History GA will assist music history faculty with teaching and research. This position carries an annual stipend of $5000 plus a full tuition waiver.

We welcome applications through Feb. 1. Please apply to jonderdonk -at- wcupa.edu. Dr. Onderdonk will also be at the AMS Boston meeting (Nov. 1-3) for anyone interested in learning more about the position.

For more information about the Wells School of Music, please visit https://wcupa.edu/music/default.aspx or https://www.wcupa.edu/programs/grad/music/default.aspx

Dr. Julian Onderdonk
Professor of Music History
Coordinator of Music History Program
Department of Music Theory, History and Composition
Wells School of Music
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
West Chester, PA 19383