Call for Presentations: Musical Intersections

GSIM 2020 (Graduate Students in Music Conference)

CFP Deadline: January 15, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Conference dates: March 13-14, 2020
Website: http://gsim.commons.gc.cuny.edu/
Location: The Graduate Center, City University of New York, NY

The students of the Department of Music at The Graduate Center, CUNY, are pleased to announce the 23rd Annual GSIM Conference in New York City on March 13–14, 2020.

The conference will include a keynote address by Dr. Matthew D. Morrison (NYU).

We invite graduate students in all music disciplines (composition, performance, musicology, ethnomusicology, music theory) and related fields to submit proposals for presentations relating to the theme of “Musical Intersections.” This theme is meant to be construed broadly, and we invite all presentations that identify, evaluate, or interrogate intersections in music

We are accepting presentations of all formats, including (but not limited to): academic papers, lecture-recitals, and performances.

For the full CFP and submission guidelines please refer to the website above. Questions may also be addressed to co-chairs Kristi Hardman and Drake Andersen at cuny.gsim -at- gmail.com