Dear all,

The programme for the Research Colloquium Series at the Faculty of Music,
University of Cambridge is now available for Michaelmas Term 2019.
Colloquia are held weekly at 5.00pm on Wednesdays in the Faculty of Music
on West Road. They are free and open to the public.

This term, we welcome the following speakers:

9 October
Dr. Min Yen Ong, University of Cambridge
“'We Are Protectors Not Protesters': Reclaiming the Native Hawaiian Voice
Through Music”

16 October
Mr. Peter Sheppard Skærved, Royal Academy of Music, London
“Two Seventeenth-Century Treasure Chests: Exploring the Klagenfurt
Manuscript (1685) and a Small Stradivari Violin (1685)”

23 October
Prof. Julia Prest, University of St. Andrews
“Francophone and Creole Opera in Colonial Saint-Domingue”

30 October
Prof. Linda Barwick, Conservatorium of Music, University of Sydney
“Making Time in Australian Song”

6 November
Mr. Jonathan Impett, Orpheus Institute, Ghent/Middlesex University, London
“The Orpheus Institute, the Figure of the Artist-Researcher and a Case
Study: Music, Thought and Technology”

13 November
Dr. Emily Payne, University of Leeds
“Time, Temporality, and Expectation in Indeterminate Music: A Case Study of
John Cage's Concert for Piano and Orchestra”

20 November
Prof. Stephen Crist, Emory University, Atlanta
“Pushing the Limits: Bach and the Aesthetics of Excess”

27 November
Dr. Martin Parker Dixon, University of Glasgow/University of Cambridge
Title TBC

Best wishes,

Adam Behan
Faculty of Music