Greetings to the most wonderful populace of Calontir.
First, let me thank all of you for making this a very easy event to run. When I walked around the site after everyone had left, there was less than a plastic grocery bag of trash, and probably two thirds of that was not generated by us. You made the job easy.
I need to extend my thanks also to the folks who stepped up and volunteered to run activities to make the event that much more enjoyable:
- Mistress Rebecca for running Gate.
- Sir Maren for handling PayPal and running the fighter school.
- Her Excellency Ylva for running A&S activities.
- Master Mathurin for running the C&T Pas.
- Her Ladyship Adelaide for running children's activities.
- Mistress Sibilla for running the Cook's Guild inn.
- His Lordship Janos for running the archery.
- Mistress Alianora for running the feast under very challenging circumstances.
- Sir Malachi for keeping our relationship with the park working smoothly, ensuring we had both water and electricity available.
In addition there were many people who helped each of those listed above. My thanks goes out to all of them as well. And I must mention Master Gawin, who got dumped on our doorstep by fate, but pitched in and was a tremendous help during setup.
But my biggest thanks has to go out to my SCA family. They not only volunteered to do many of the jobs above, but they picked up the slack that I was leaving.
- My wife, Ylva, who brought all the stuff I forgot and managed all our mundane concerns.
- My sword brother Gawain, who came to site every day, from setup through final clean up, even though he wasn't camping.
- My son, Ivarr, who was also there from setup to clean up, and whose dog provided mush needed dog fixes.
- But most of all to my daughter Miranda, who not only organized much of the event, but abandoned her much needed rest after the event was over to attend my father in the emergency room until I could get there.
Calontir is something special, and we all need to remember that.
-- Logan goði --
P.S. My father is fine and back home.