Attention, scribes of the realm! There will be a Blank Borders competition at Winter Coronation.

What?
Blank borders are used when the Crown wishes to give out an award on short notice, such that there is not a chance to have a scribe make a custom scroll. It tries to avoid making the recipient wait for a backlog scroll. A blank border has some decoration, but leaves a space for calligraphy with the scroll text to be added later.

Why?
Blank borders give you an opportunity to try out a new style, or if you've only done preprints, it can be a stepping stone towards doing a commission. You get to make original art, but without the deadline or pressure of doing an original for a specific recipient.

Prizes?
First place will get to pick their prize from the selection described below. If there are 5+ entrants, second place also gets to choose a prize from what remains. 10+ entrants, and third place gets to choose a prize. Etc, until all prizes are taken. Encourage more scribes to enter!
Choices:
-Coliro/Finetec gold palette
-Pack of 11"x14" pergamenata from John Neal
-Marc Drogin's Medieval Calligraphy
-Sheila Waters' Foundations of Calligraphy
-Manuscript Classic Caligraphy Set (fountain/cartridge pen)
-Possibly a light box. My first attempt I'm having to return for missing the power cable. If I can acquire a working one by coronation, it will be an option, and I will advertise it.

Rules?
Bring one or more blank borders. Populace vote will determine the winner. Team entries are allowed, but only one prize will be awarded per team. If you can find someone else, who is not me, to bring your entry and collect your prize, then you do not need to be present to enter or win.
All entries will be donated to the Crown. Please make sure to sign your entries on the back. Documentation is welcomed, but not required. (Suggested documentation would be a printoff of your exemplar, or a brief description of what your work is inspired by.)

Guidelines?
Use heavyweight, acid-free paper, or pergamenata. If possible, keep your design within a standard framing size (8"x10", or 11"x14"). Leave a space for text no smaller than 6”x8". If it is appropriate for the style, include a space/circle for the award badge to be added later, and possibly a space for the recipient's arms also. If you choose to make a border that mimics multiple pages, please make sure the available text space is approximately 48 square inches total. Borders without initial capitals are preferred. If the style uses illuminated capitals, if possible leave a space for the capital to be added by the Royal Scribe later, so it can be used with a wider range of texts.