I believe you just have to be able to site the publication number which should be registered with the copyright office. You do not have to have individually registered the artwork.

Britt

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Tricia Cassady <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 5:27 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [SCIART] Second ASCRL payout benefits GNSI members

Does one have to have the published artwork also filed with the copyright office in DC?

Thank you,

Tricia Cassady

On Oct 17, 2019, at 3:06 PM, Kelly Finan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I also received a distribution! Two thumbs up for ASCRL!

Kelly

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 1:53 PM Kask, Virge <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I agree - Check it out!
I signed up in June and to my surprise got an ASCRL distribution of $233.68 in early October!
I recommend everyone who has published go through the process and sign up. You, too, may get a surprise in your account!

Thanks for staying so involved with this, Taina!

Best,
Virge

Virge Kask
CLAS Illustration Services

University of Connecticut
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS) Shared Services Center
Unit 3042
75 North Eagleville Road
Storrs, CT 06269-3042
United States

Phone: 860-486-4152
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sharedservices.clas.uconn.edu_illustration_&d=DwIGaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=m6di2N8Go0VCGli4zN4GVQ&m=5vHcVB0oxRjrPGU4AenReMidMsoPdViIRvop23ab46w&s=CUI2KqGkRVd4pQysRtXCJbvi2cfGG6FecwrbSTDMOI4&e=
Location: Torrey Life Sciences, Room 168