I made the mistake of trying to identify the scaphidiines from my VFITs, and out of 50 specimens in the first trap sample (from the Huachuca Mts., AZ out of many dozen left to sort) came up with a Toxidium, 2 spp. of Scaphisoma and 9 spp. of Baeocera, 3 of which are new spp. or new to AZ!  Supposedly this is not a very speciose group…I’m starting to think “well-sampled” vs. “speciose” in that statement might be more correct!

Would anyone happen to have a pdf of the following article they could send to me?

Fierros-López, Hugo Eduardo, 2010.

Description of Two New Species of Baeocera Erichson (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae: Scaphidiinae) from México

Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society, Vol. 83, No. 3, pp. 201-207

MANY THANKS!!

Bill

William B. Warner

1345 W. Gila Lane