James, Auke, et al:

See Barney’s note below.  The previous editors would no doubt help out on occasion too; sounds like Barney would help with the transition.  I think MANY scarab workers beyond the current chatter would like to see this continue based on the many comments I received after all the garbage that went on in the last 1.5 years!

Cheers,

Bill Warner

From: Barney Streit [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2019 10:20 AM
To: William B. Warner <[log in to unmask]>; Harrison, James <[log in to unmask]>; Olivier DECOBERT <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Cc: Rich Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Good things die hard! FW: Revival and continuation of the Scarabs occasional newsletter

Hi Bill,

I have no objections, and doubt if Rich or Olivier would either. If the new editors use Adobe InDesign for the layout, I can send the latest issues of the newsletter and Index in InDesign format, to be used as templates, to the next round of editors. All the latest issues have been sent to the Library of Congress, so that is up to date. I can supply the mailing address to the Library as well, as two (2) hardcopies of each issue plus a CD of the electronic PDF versions need to be sent in periodically.

Olivier (from France) has proven to be an excellent editor and proofreader. He may wish to continue his participation on the editorial staff. In addition, I would approach Steven Barney, who has single-handedly kept the archives available to the public via the Internet. Steven has great enthusiasm for the newsletter. I suggest an editorial board as large as possible, with one person doing the layout. Insofar as continuing the cryptic message on the front page, that is up to you Bill, since you came up with the idea.

Regards,

Barney