Hi Linda,

These things always break down during deadlines, don’t they?!
In my experience, 6 years is a good run for a product like this - “the beginning of the end” can take many forms, but battery reliability is definitely one. I recently retired the same device, after 5-6 years of service, because I was having odd function issues (may have been incompatibility with my constantly updating system and apps). I’d be jumping on a Black Friday deal to just replace it - start fresh and save yourself the headache of trying to trouble-shoot an obsolete device.

It stinks to have to fork out for surprise expenses, but personally, unless it’s an actual computer/laptop, I have super low tolerance for getting my ancillary devices to limp along when they start to falter… especially ones under $500 (I think that’s the bracket we’re talking about?).

Whatever you decide, I hope you can get back to working smoothly and wrapping up that deadline ASAP!

-Natalya

Natalya Zahn
617-301-0494