That worked, Karen, thanks! Now... how did I do that in the first place? How did I change it from a shape path to a type path?

Gail

On 11/21/19 5:15 PM, Karen Ackoff wrote:
[log in to unmask]"> There are a couple of ways… let me try this first…

1. Use the Direct Selection tool (white arrow tool) and option-click the path itself. You should NOT see the little insertion points along the path. The path should be selected and the points should be a solid color (the color of your layer).

2. Copy.

3. Delete the existing type path. If it says it can’t clear the objects, select it with the Selection tool (black arrow) and then it should delete just fine.

4. Paste. It should paste as a regular path. You can also Paste-in-place, and it should paste it in the same spot.