Print

Print


You had to have clicked on it with the Type tool or the Type-on-a-path tool. 
K

> On Nov 21, 2019, at 4:32 PM, Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> That worked, Karen, thanks! Now... how did I do that in the first place? How did I change it from a shape path to a type path?
> 
> Gail
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 11/21/19 5:15 PM, Karen Ackoff wrote:
>> There are a couple of ways… let me try this first…
>> 
>> 1. Use the Direct Selection tool (white arrow tool) and option-click the path itself. You should NOT see the little insertion points along the path. The path should be selected and the points should be a solid color (the color of your layer).
>> 
>> 2. Copy.
>> 
>> 3. Delete the existing type path. If it says it can’t clear the objects, select it with the Selection tool (black arrow) and then it should delete just fine.
>> 
>> 4. Paste. It should paste as a regular path. You can also Paste-in-place, and it should paste it in the same spot.
>> 
>> K
>> 
>>> On Nov 21, 2019, at 3:41 PM, Gail Guth <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hi - Working on a map for a client, in Illustrator CC (latest version). The map was created a few months ago, and on it is a shape...or what is supposed to be a shape. I can select it, and see the correct shape, but I cannot stroke or fill it and it is designated in the layer palette as "Type" and not a path. How did that happen and how do I convert it back to a shape/path again? 
>>> 
>>> I could just make another shape but I really want to know ow this happened in the first place???
>>> 
>>> thanks!
>>> Gail
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Gail Guth
>>> Guth Illustration & Design
>>> 139 Lathrop Avenue
>>> Battle Creek, MI  49014-5076
>>> 269-963-1311
>>> [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.guthillustration.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=LlSwUiubwGPtndM6qX_M0AsbfSUPerndRhj-_BHqQto&s=bBF6SEgK1U6Ij6c0je6BBu8Bt4vCwqke7prGixSOX4c&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.guthillustration.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=HLF57kSLNONRr3u6T4PlOGkRVTvASSKB07Bti5S_X9k&s=XsfuEAMJbL7Uo6U-sy7mCLbDVjymukk8kvNhw2SKojA&e=>
>>> 
>>> ________________________________________________
>>> 
>>> Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at 
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=LlSwUiubwGPtndM6qX_M0AsbfSUPerndRhj-_BHqQto&s=pzehVxWnKZvSP94wvY5U55NYxzKcEfQEUpKvr2Sfihw&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=iVk7iDrkZ507z2ysJ9-DYkGBoRo-q6sBATEKgfCwHyY&s=w2PDW0XvZlw27oYW4TGs58X9IEy4P-XjWr66aRYgngM&e=>List name is Sciart-L
>>> Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>> 
>> ________________________________________________
>> 
>> Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at 
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=LlSwUiubwGPtndM6qX_M0AsbfSUPerndRhj-_BHqQto&s=pzehVxWnKZvSP94wvY5U55NYxzKcEfQEUpKvr2Sfihw&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=UH41Wl3YW9OGq8wCOYMUvH-B_FGutMdPjsllFPfLTgM&s=xzFhPC_zTQhJso-FnvnW5jY9kCUWDcrhFvQLrV032Lc&e=>List name is Sciart-L
>> Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> 
> -- 
> Gail Guth
> Guth Illustration & Design
> 139 Lathrop Avenue
> Battle Creek, MI  49014-5076
> 269-963-1311
> [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.guthillustration.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=LlSwUiubwGPtndM6qX_M0AsbfSUPerndRhj-_BHqQto&s=bBF6SEgK1U6Ij6c0je6BBu8Bt4vCwqke7prGixSOX4c&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.guthillustration.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=UH41Wl3YW9OGq8wCOYMUvH-B_FGutMdPjsllFPfLTgM&s=NbYKv0OAbpD899euMNtq29W9fPOhsJMePM6Wnf0wAWk&e=>
> 
> ________________________________________________
> 
> Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=LlSwUiubwGPtndM6qX_M0AsbfSUPerndRhj-_BHqQto&s=pzehVxWnKZvSP94wvY5U55NYxzKcEfQEUpKvr2Sfihw&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=LlSwUiubwGPtndM6qX_M0AsbfSUPerndRhj-_BHqQto&s=pzehVxWnKZvSP94wvY5U55NYxzKcEfQEUpKvr2Sfihw&e= >List name is Sciart-L
> Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask]
> 


Instructions to subscribe or leave the list are at https://www.gnsi.org/listserv

List name is Sciart-L

Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask]