We do programs at the National Museum of Health and Medicine for middle schoolers but we are in DC

Liz

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 8:22 PM Natalya Zahn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all,

I sometimes get approached by the parents of middle school and high school age kids who are interested in scientific illustration and curious to talk to me about what I do and “how it all works”. I am typically more than happy to chat with these students, but I’d like to be able to refer them to other groups or activities that might further help them dip their toes into the joy that is natural and scientific illustration. Do the regional chapters of the GNSI entertain membership from students at this age? Anyone have any other good resources for kids? Specifically in the New England area.

*I teach undergraduate illustration students and whenever I get an individual who is leaning towards a specialty in scientific subjects, I always recommend they check out the GNSI, but that may not be appropriate in this case.

Many thanks,
-Natalya

Natalya Zahn
617-301-0494