I experimented briefly with MS Team.  It seems no more intrusive than some other conferencing software. You can control mic and video once the program starts. I downloaded it, as NASA plans to be using this soon.  I was invited in by a colleague who was experiencing for the NASA release.

Britt

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda Feltner [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 11:39:27 -0700
Subject: [SCIART] Mac Users using Microsoft Team for teleconferences

Hi All:

Have any of you Mac users had success with using Microsoft Team for teleconferences or videoconferences?

I have an upcoming meeting.  They sent a link and a password (for telephone dial-ins I think).  Of course the way Microsoft displays the screen on Chrome, they want me to download the app.. There is an option for just using the web link. ( I read the instructions) It might be that without the app, one has to wait in the "lobby" via that method, unless someone "brings you in".

Microsoft  also wants control of both microphone and camera on the mac.  One cannot chose just audio. I"m not sure it's a video conference, but certainly audio.

I've been in enough Uberconferences to know there are hiccups. And I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for the most seamless method, without compromising privacy.

I was on a skype meeting last week, and all of a sudden my computer said it could not work because the Facetime camera was on. I don't even use Facetime, and could not get it to work during the meeting.  so, some things are popping up that are very weird. I've not altered my OS at all.

I don't get an opportunity to practice.  We only have an hour for the meeting and don't need to spend half the time just connecting.

Thanks for any advice.
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538