Hi Natalya,  I think our philosophies are identical.  I'm not
particularly bothered by the purchase of a new one if this one is now
firmly "unreliable".  I'd rather have one on hand, when this one finally
quits, rather than have to scramble to ship one overnight. There are no
computer stores within a hundred miles. Of course it will go out at a
critical moment. This is the only one I've owned, so have no
understanding of how long they are capable of lasting. I do a lot of
work on it now. So, I guess six years is, like you say, a pretty good run.

Many thanks! and I have four deadlines now, so thanks for the breath of
common sense! I'll do some shopping!

Cheers and chocolate!
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lindafeltner.com&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=oWR40wb9IepNyphAypk0kRfJd8vYvHPREpSsETSr85c&s=hAjkaTXMIcCBpUJYPIlNbFcJbBaoUTRTqPRYcm8Oek8&e=