The Margaret Flockton Award Committee invite you to enter the 2020 Margaret Flockton Award for Excellence in Scientific Botanical Illustration, Fri 8 May – Sun 24 May 2020, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney. The Margaret Flockton Award celebrates traditional and digital techniques that best illustrate the botanical world – from new or renamed species, to rare, vulnerable or endangered plants, as well as common Australian native or exotic subjects.

· All entries must be submitted digitally. All original illustrations must be scanned at high resolution and then submitted via Dropbox. No posted illustrations will be accepted.

· Fully digitally rendered, printable illustrations (excepting animated or 3D works) are now eligible for entry.

· Artworks will be offered for sale only direct via the artist.

Entries are to be received between Mon 17 February and Mon 2 March 2020.

For full entry details and inspiration from previous years’ works please visit The Margaret Flockton Award pages https://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/Science/Botanical-Illustration/The-Margaret-Flockton-Award-2020

Perhaps you know of other illustrators, novice or professional, published or unpublished, who would be interested in entering the Award? We always welcome new and talented illustrators and we would be most grateful if you could forward this information on to them.

Did you know we are now on Instagram? Follow us @rbg_illustration

In the meantime we wish a happy festive season to all and much fabulous drawing for 2020!!

Catherine Wardrop and Lesley Elkan

Botanical Illustrators

Margaret Flockton Award Committee

Royal Botanic Garden Sydney