Sounds like a question for Adobe, Michael.  Never had that problem with
CS6.  I would suggest the Adobe Forum for Photoshop.  Good luck.

BAB

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 6:25 PM Michael Rothman <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have been following the recent discussions about Photoshop subscription
> options.  However, I decided, since I own a licensed copy of CS6 and I
> won’t be able to upgrade my iMac operating beyond High Sierra (Mac OS
> 10.13.6), that I’d leave well enough alone.  I generally use Photoshop for
> photo retouching and making corrections on scanned “traditional”
> illustrations.   In other words, what works currently for me has continued
> to remain viable.  (Upgrading the Mac operating system beyond High Sierra
> means going from a 32-bit processing architecture to a 64-bit processing
> architecture and I can ill afford further application purchases or issues
> with RAW support at this point, so I haven’t yet had to purchase a
> Photoshop CC subscription).   That being said, at some point I may simply
> have to bow to the inevitable.
>
> All the forgoing notwithstanding,  the Photomerge command of my current
> Photoshop CS6 application has suddenly ceased to function:    Under the
> command sequence File > Automate > Photomerge, the menu for “Photomerge”.
> simply doesn’t appear.    Back in the “old days”, e.g. under versions such
> as Photoshop 7, one could simply through out a “Preference” folder, restart
> the program and then expect the original factory settings to be
> reactivated.   I can’t figure out where in my existing Photoshop CS6
> program that such a Preference file resides.   While some folks may still
> have CS6 or remember how to reset the pre-subscription Photoshop
> preferences, I’d like to tap their knowledge for any suggestions how to
> repair the lost functionality I noted above.
>
> Thanks for any comments.
>
> Best wishes,
> Michael Rothman

> instructions at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listservList&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=kNHtuof_sHb3JV3FJ90I41Pvuv1Ar69tYAwPzeT8T0Q&s=KnhNerFVxGxeIrTHLaIORfie-UHobikFVNJXhpQdJrk&e=  name is Sciart-L

Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.brucebartrug.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=kNHtuof_sHb3JV3FJ90I41Pvuv1Ar69tYAwPzeT8T0Q&s=NDY7wAGa0JTlnO_rLCNPqJUqe33ZklpbX1IIIfNTr44&e=
of our friends. -Martin Luther King
•Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and give the appearance of solidity to pure wind. -Orson
Welles