Hi all,

Here’s my 2 cents on Adobe, it’s not sneaky (could be loophole, but a good kine loophole), totally worth a bit of extra hoop jumping to save 40%. I’m grateful that Adobe does allow the special pricing, even for existing subscribers. I paid full price for 1.5 years until someone on our gnsi listserv told us about the Black Friday deal …  I just got my monthly payment notification and noticed the special price had expired. And simultaneously saw this list serv thread. So I’m back to the cheaper price without much todo (yay).

Mattias, I’m looking thru my billing history on my Adobe account and it looks like when I switched from full price to the 29.99 (I was an annual subscriber that paid monthly) I got a refund for month I switched from old price to new price and I didn’t get penalized for changing the annual subscription renew date; which was changed from May to November when I got the Black Friday deal last year. I’d recommend that you talk/chat live with an actual person to do the cancelling and resigning cuz it sounds like you paid the annual rate in one go.

This year, all I did was go into my Adobe account, sign in, held my breath as I hit cancel, and then it gave me a window asking why I was cancelling. I clicked the option that said “too expensive” and then it gave me another window that said something like, “special offers” and there was the offer for 29.99 (31.40 w/tax). No disruption to service and I got a notification that I’d be refunded for the difference for the November bill that had gone back up to the original pricing.

Yay! I surely am happy to pay the 29.99 and not the 52.99 every month if I must be an Adobe addict…I mean subscriber…thank you fellow GNSIers for the heads up. SciArt AdobeNerds rule!

: ) kirsten

KiRSTEN CARLSoN

Nature [creativity + science + imagination]³

www.FathomItStudios.com

Instagram | artsyfishy

Twitter | kirstencarlson