Check out Affinity Photo. It's a very powerful program with a reasonable price tag.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 12:15 PM Lisa Kanellos <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello all!  A coauthor of my supervisor has been using ArcSoft PhotoPrinter 4.0 to edit photos and assemble plates for printing, but is being forced to look for new software as his institution is buying new computers.  It seems to be a very bare bones program that has drag and drop templates and simple photo editing.  I think the Adobe CS would be way too complicated for what he wants, and the learning curve too high.  Someone suggested GIMP to me as a useful (and free!) program, but I've never used it, and suspect that it might be a little overwhelming as well.

Any suggestions for a new program for a scientist with limited art background would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Lisa Kanellos

Scientific Illustrator

Field Museum of Natural History