Hi - Working on a map for a client, in Illustrator CC (latest version). The map was created a few months ago, and on it is a shape...or what is supposed to be a shape. I can select it, and see the correct shape, but I cannot stroke or fill it and it is designated in the layer palette as "Type" and not a path. How did that happen and how do I convert it back to a shape/path again?

I could just make another shape but I really want to know ow this happened in the first place???

thanks!
Gail

Gail Guth
Guth Illustration & Design