Dear All
We look forward to seeing many of you soon in St. Louis.

The Council of the ECN would like to remind everyone of the Code of Conduct below

best wishes

Max

Entomological Collections Network Code Of Conduct

ECN seeks to promote a welcoming environment at our conferences that is safe, collaborative, supportive, and productive for all attendees.
ECN values the diversity of views and backgrounds reflected among all attendees, as such we are committed to providing a positive environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, socioeconomic status, career status or ethnicity.
All conference attendees are expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct.
Our respectful dialogue policy asks that participants make every effort to maintain constructive discourse with other conference attendees at all times. This includes speakers honoring designated time limits, attendees being aware of balancing speaking and listening time and welcoming newer members into conversation.

Expected Behavior
● Treat everyone with respect and consideration.
● Respect the rules and policies of the conference center and all venues associated with the conference.
● If you see inappropriate or disrespectful behavior or language, please speak up, either to the offender or conference organizers.

Unacceptable Behavior
● Harassment and intimidation, including any verbal, written, or physical conduct designed to denigrate, threaten, intimidate, or coerce another attendee, conference organizers or staff;
● Discrimination based on gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, or culture;
● Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor or service provider

Consequences
● Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
● ECN officers may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning and without refund.
● ECN reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting. Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
● If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately notify any ECN officer.
● For matters of immediate physical safety, you may also approach the venue security guard. Thank you for attending ECN.

We are grateful for your contributions to making ECN a welcoming place of many voices.

Council of the ECN

Maxwell V. L. Barclay
Senior Curator in Charge
Insects: Coleoptera