Greetings friends,

Last month our Department's Aldrich Entomological Student Club organized and decorated the Barr Entomological Museum for children to visit. Below is a youtube video link I posted of a walk-through visit of the haunted museum (before the children arrived) under this unusual setting. I hope some of you can share short stories with photos or video links of the less conventional outreach approaches you have tried to enhance entertainment during your museum visits. In my previous posting at the university of Hawaii, I would frequently welcome children dressed in a home-made melon fly costume (see photo) in museum and farm visits for schools. Children loved it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyThjGj04Yo

Luc Leblanc

Curator of the William F. Barr Entomological Museum

University of Idaho, Department of Entomology, Plant pathology and Nematology (EPPN)

875 Perimeter Drive MS 2329

Moscow, ID 83844-2329

Phone: 208-885-7079

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Luc_Leblanc2

https://www.uidaho.edu/cals/entomology-plant-pathology-and-nematology/research/entomological-museum

L'enfance de l'art est la jeunesse du coeur - Sol.

1456504615039_D