The School of Music at UNC Greensboro welcomes applications for two tenure-track Assistant Professor in Music Theory positions beginning Fall 2020. We seek to diversify our music theory faculty by inviting applications from committed teacher-scholars who are actively engaged in advancing equity and inclusion in their research, teaching, and/or service. The positions entail teaching undergraduate theory and ear-training courses as well as graduate seminars; cultivating an active program of research and publication; and engaging in service to the school, university, and professional organizations.

UNC Greensboro is a minority-serving institution with an undergraduate population of 49% ethnic minority students and 67% female students. The College of Visual and Performing Arts seeks to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for this position. UNC Greensboro is an inclusive learning community with a campus-wide culture that embodies access, equity, diversity, excellence, and collaboration. With an enrollment of more than 20,000 students, including 3,500 graduate students, and 2,800 faculty and staff, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the UNC system. UNC Greensboro is located in a metropolitan area of more than 1.6 million in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, between the Atlantic Ocean and the Appalachian Mountains. UNC Greensboro is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/D/V employer and is strongly committed to increasing faculty diversity.

Mininimum qualifications: PhD in Music Theory (or equivalent PhD) by August 1, 2020; experience teaching music theory and/or ear training at the college/university level; and commitment to implementing the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all areas of one’s practice.

Preferred Qualifications: We seek colleagues with promising research programs who can enrich our course offerings, help to develop our MM in Music Theory degree program, and collaborate on a changing undergraduate curriculum. We expect successful candidates to articulate how systems of inequity have shaped both their discipline in particular and university environments in general, as well as their vision for equitable transformation of these institutions.

Apply online at https://spartantalent.uncg.edu/postings/16166