Jen,

I hope you are planning to come to the GNSI Conference in Salt Lake this summer and give a presentation on what you are doing with Learning techniques using illustration. If you have not yet contacted the committee, do so ASAP! Here is info on how and How to contact:

Now it the time, until February 13, 2020, to submit your abstract if you wish to do a presentation, workshop, or techniques showcase demonstration at this summer's annual GNSI conference in Salt Lake City, Utah July 5-11th. Please access this form ( https://form.jotform.com/93007415973156) to submit your abstract, short bio, images, and other pertinent information regarding your desired participation in the program.

If you are not sure, want to discuss, or ask questions, you can contact the conference coordinators of the various activities directly:
Presentations: Natalia Wilkins at: [log in to unmask]
Traditional workshops, Dino Pulera at: [log in to unmask]
Digital workshops, Natalia Wilkins, [log in to unmask]
Techniques Showcase, Gabriela Sincich at: [log in to unmask]

The Conference Planning Team thanks you for your participation. They are putting together another memorable GNSI Annual Conference.

Britt Griswold

___

Hi all,

We're so excited to find this thread and hear about the interest in resources for kids! I'm part of a start-up company in Seattle, WA that's been funded by the National Science Foundation to develop a digital STEAM tool that uses student's hand-drawn illustrations as interactive science lessons. The foundation of what we're building is rooted in teaching kids to "see and draw like scientists" and be scientific illustrators. We'd love to speak with anyone who may be interested in collaborating!

Our team started after we all completed the Certificate Program in Natural Science Illustration at the University of Washington. We're all scientific illustrators who love collaborating and supporting programs that connect kids to science. If you're curious, here's a demo video of the project we're working on, the Curio Classroom. We hope to hear from you!

Best,
Jen