---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ana Santos <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 11:33 AM
Subject: Margarida Santos-Silva
To: Lorenza Beati Ziegler <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Lorenza,

Please divulge this message amongst “tick and tick-borne disease” scientific community:

“It saddens us deeply to announce the death of our dear friend and colleague, Margarida Santos-Silva.

          Margarida dedicated her professional life to the study of ticks and tick-borne diseases in Portugal. Her scientific contribution is essential for anyone wishing to better understand ticks of the Old World.

          Her passion, determination and love for new challenges were at the core of the large national and international network of scientists that decided to work with her. Collaborators rapidly became long term friends because of Margarida’s unselfish personality and her indestructible optimism.

          Everyone who visited her at the Instituto Nacional de Saúde Dr. Ricardo Jorge in Águas de Moura and at her home will never forget her generous hospitality.

          Her friends know that, while facing illness, Margarida drew her strength and courage from her wonderful family. We extend to her husband, Alexandre, and her two daughters, Raquel and Sofia, our heartfelt condolences.”

Com os melhores cumprimentos,

Ana Sofia Pereira dos Santos, PhD

LNR de Doenças Infeciosas Transmitidas por Vetores

Departamento de Doenças Infeciosas

Logos_email_B

INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE SAÚDE DOUTOR RICARDO JORGE | NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH DOUTOR RICARDO JORGE

Centro de Estudos de Vetores e Doenças Infeciosas Doutor Francisco Cambournac

Avenida da Liberdade, 5 | 2965-575 Águas de Moura | Portugal

TEL +351 265 938 306 FAX +351 265 912 155

www.insa.min-saude.pt

PENSE ANTES DE IMPRIMIR

--

_______________________