I worked with Gary Miller on recurating the aphid type collection and I can
attest that the gun safe door was slightly less wide than the top and
bottom of the two slide cabinets (this model:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.amazon.com_Eberbach-2DE2845-2DMicroscope-2DCabinet-2DSlides_dp_B00C2VE82Q&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=-lUMCZ4RK28H4qvcd3vmEBuyVJHHG0OpDzFenR9wX-A&m=G96pX_qEA-jbbUja_wM9_uDiNPtAUqjTVhs2cqQJucc&s=aXtxQ7_eUOZ_kl7TE8-92Tflm5PyIO59P0bQ4iMQm6Y&e= )
that we stacked one on top of the other inside the safe. Whether it was a
mis-measuring of the door or a mis-measuring of the cabinet that caused the
problem, I cannot say, although in a sense I suppose it had to have been
both. However, he and I loaded the cabinets on my table saw and took off
about half an inch on both sides of the top and bottom and were thus able
to install the cabinets without any further complication. Cheer, Colin

Colin Favret
,
Université de Montréal
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__favret.aphidnet.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=-lUMCZ4RK28H4qvcd3vmEBuyVJHHG0OpDzFenR9wX-A&m=G96pX_qEA-jbbUja_wM9_uDiNPtAUqjTVhs2cqQJucc&s=4sqynn4gyC7UNjwYmxsZhcHT7bu_9wRfF7u5c-E3lVw&e= >