We have standard Delta cabinets with regular wood drawers. The cabinets are bolted to the walls and locked in hopes of keeping things secure during a more severe earthquake. With ~700+ drawers of types the only evacuation plan is grabbing drawers - but removing them from the room is probably more dangerous than leaving them in place. In theory the room is engineered to withstand anything California can throw at it.

Christopher C. Grinter
Collections Manager of Entomology, The California Academy of Sciences
President, Entomological Collections Network
Assistant Secretary & Asst. Treasurer, The Lepidopterists' Society

55 Music Concourse Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118
office: 415-379-5320