Thank you to Miakushka Loshkina, Konstantia Kaloethina, and Adelaide Sarsfield, who entered the Blank Borders competition at Coronation! Your entries were beautiful, and I'm sure the recipients will be grateful.

Because there were at least 3 more entries which were unable to make it to Coronation due to weather, I am going to try something different. I will be sponsoring another Blank Borders competition, this time with online voting, in order to try to make it accessible to more people.

The rules, prizes, and guidelines are largely the same as the competition at Coronation. The difference is this:

Entries may be turned in to me from now until the spring RUSH, on April 4th. That's over 2 months. You can turn them in to me at an event (PM me to coordinate), or if you do not expect to attend an event in that time frame, PM me to get an address to mail them to. After the Spring RUSH, I will post a survey online to the Calontir facebook group and the Calontir email list, with pictures of the entries and links to any documentation provided. Voting will be open for a little under one week, and I will pass the scrolls along to the Crown at Spring Crown Tournament, the following week.
If you entered at Coronation, you are welcome to make another entry for this one! The more scrolls, the better!

Here are the rest of the rules:
You can enter one or more blank borders. Populace vote will determine the winner. Team entries are allowed, but only one prize will be awarded per team.
All entries will be donated to the Crown. Please make sure to sign your entries on the back. Documentation is welcomed, but not required. (Suggested documentation would be a printoff of your exemplar, or a brief description of what your work is inspired by.)

Prizes:
First place will get to pick their prize from the selection described below. If there are 5+ entrants, second place also gets to choose a prize from what remains. 10+ entrants, and third place gets to choose a prize. Etc, until all prizes are taken. Encourage more scribes to enter!
Choices:
-Coliro/Finetec gold palette
-Pack of 11"x14" pergamenata from John Neal
-Marc Drogin's Medieval Calligraphy
-Sheila Waters' Foundations of Calligraphy
-Manuscript Classic Caligraphy Set (fountain/cartridge pen)
-A light box

Guidelines:
Use heavyweight, acid-free paper, or pergamenata. If possible, keep your design within a standard framing size (8"x10", or 11"x14"). Leave a space for text no smaller than 6”x8". If it is appropriate for the style, include a space/circle for the award badge to be added later, and possibly a space for the recipient's arms also. If you choose to make a border that mimics multiple pages, please make sure the available text space is approximately 48 square inches total. Borders without initial capitals are preferred. If the style uses illuminated capitals, if possible leave a space for the capital to be added by the Royal Scribe later, so it can be used with a wider range of texts.

Thank you to anyone who enters or votes! Watch for a link to vote after the entries are in.

In Service,

Ayisha