I too tried the cortisone shot and that only worked until I needed to
concentrate more on piano and drawing. The surgery was simple, short and
permanent. I am allergic to almost all opioid pain meds and had no trouble
managing the minimal pain with acetaminophen. I highly recommend the
surgery.
MaryBeth

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 10:13 AM Karen Ackoff <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had experience with trigger finger (a kind
> of tendinitis). I’m considering surgery, and am interested in outcomes. I
> have a good doctor, and will of course discuss it with him. But was just
> wondering.
>
> I did have a cortisone shot and it worked for about a year. However,
> repeated cortisone shots can weaken tendons/tissues.
>
> Thank you (in advance) for any info.

> Instructions to subscribe or leave the list are at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=4LUw5JTaxpbU0p7YxCsatZtvTTQOI_odYhqRabxmWiA&s=mydFIrDvrhLimmiUDSGdxLJhuIYAsQfryJONU5Blo5w&e=
>
> List name is Sciart-L

MaryBeth Hinrichs
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.stellariastudio.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=4LUw5JTaxpbU0p7YxCsatZtvTTQOI_odYhqRabxmWiA&s=a-tzTIxR9B_DVkKHGNqMYigD7a-Z0CbwKJgYtUfwQh4&e=