I doubt the auto-select feature is doing this.

I keep the option on all the time and never had this issue.

Do you have a quick mask in the file?  It would show up in the channels
panel (Windows > Channels).

If so, delete the quick mask and you're good to go!

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 11:30 AM Griswold, Britt (GSFC-279.0)[LUSA
Associates] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Did you do just a reboot or a complete shutdown and restart?
>
> When you say "hold down the key", you mean hold down the mac Command key
> to temporarily change the selection tool to the Move Tool (V)? If you
> change to the actual Move Tool, do you get the same result?
>
> You might also research some way to rip out any Tool preferences file that
> may be hiding in the Adobe files. If that were to regenerate, it might
> solve some problems...
>

> Britt
>
> ´╗┐On 1/8/20, 10:25 AM, "SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science
> Illustration- on behalf of Taina Litwak" <[log in to unmask] on
> behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>     Anyone have any ideas or run into this too?
>
>     Using CC on a Mac 10.12.6.  It worked well for 3 months and today when
> I select and area with my lasso tool and hold down the key to move that
> section, the whole layer moves.  If I use the arrow keys I can move just
> the selection, but that is not how it should be.  Have restarted the
> program and restarted the Mac.
>
>     Hate to have to call Adobe, but that may be next step...
>
>     Help!  -  Taina
>
> Instructions to subscribe or leave the list are at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=4iOOGJLF_8fVSdCgs5tBNWDUGZnlh3w__QU555S9m5A&s=HAYeaLHK_1eX8-HjRu1UE-2eMz0hDMHnCD_5QQK1R9s&e=
>
> List name is Sciart-L

*Sarah Dahlinger*

*Creature Concept Artist, Sculptor, and Illustrator*
Portfolio <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.sarahdahlinger.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=4iOOGJLF_8fVSdCgs5tBNWDUGZnlh3w__QU555S9m5A&s=GzGjelPb-OFaINT81od4vjU6J-TFlKGspylIOtUSrpU&e= >
Join my mailing list <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mailchi.mp_682834effc41_zdmm&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=4iOOGJLF_8fVSdCgs5tBNWDUGZnlh3w__QU555S9m5A&s=yfVXBOsne9VfrRaAwPxxVmJIJzwmyLQHm_y4dQZqZgE&e= >
*to get a free movie explaining how I beat the fear of the blank page to
create unique thumbnails. *

Timezone: Eastern (Boston, MA)
She/Her