Gail, to my knowledge, text wrap is specified and is not scalable. I could be wrong. If it's just an object or two, you'll need to reset the text wrap.

The way around this would be to leave the Illustrator file as is - do not scale anything. The make a scaled down PDF. Go to PRINT, and SAVE AS PDF. Then set the percent you want to reduce the size to. Then everything should be scaled and it's easy peasy.