Gail,

Question: have you turned the text into outlines? When you turn text into shapes it makes scaling much easier - and actaully the only what I know to scale text.

Good luck.

Marj
Leggitt Design
303.394.0566

See my Flora of North America botanicals at http://beta.floranorthamerica.org/

Follow me on Instagram | @mcleggitt

Website | science-art.com/leggitt
LinkedIn | linkedin.com/in/marjorieleggitt
Instructor | School of Botanical Art & Illustration, Denver Botanic Gardens
Instructor | Bluprint.com