Hi Margaret,

I'm a recent graduate of the UW certificate, so I can speak to that program
specifically. For me, this program was ideal in terms of logistics - I'm a
scientist at UW, and could continue working full-time while focusing on
classes and projects in the evenings and weekends. It was a challenging and
demanding workload, but with lots of support from the instructors and the
cohort. I thought there was a good balance between learning new techniques
and scientific content, producing a variety of illustrations, and the
business side of things. As others have pointed out, there is a good
community of GNSI-affiliated illustrators in Seattle and it's been great to
connect with other alumni. Feel free to reach out - I'm happy to answer any
specific questions you have.

Best,
Dina

Dina V. Popovkina, Ph.D.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dinasciart.com&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=6sp9wIYiEbV7VzcDkd_BE79AEtTKTquXqBO1WytUr4I&s=rot8F8Uee9yeSkKGgh5REw_tXhMmTc-a4o7KUEOo2MA&e=