Marg,
Check out licensing fees for publication, books, etc are determined based on types of rights (e.g., # of prints, editions, languages, types of media) and the uniqueness of your illustration.  Make sure the publisher is included in the terms of use and have a formal contract signed by all parties so you know everyone agrees to the terms of use.
Hope that helps.  You can also do a search online for licensing illustrations for publications. Pricing varies.
Best, Deb
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 2:09 PM, margaret nelson<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   A former client has sent me a note to say she is working on a new book,
and would like to re-use a figure that I drew for her a while back.  She
is offering to pay me a re-use fee, and I have no idea of what is
appropriate to charge.  Is there a formula for this? (e.g. X% of the
original fee?)
I'll be glad of any suggestions...

Thanks,
Margy Nelson

--
Margaret C. Nelson, Ph.D.
Rumford Graphics Scientific Illustration

Instructions to subscribe or leave the list are at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=F9LumM2CpcLHE6_C3RRPbpIAL6du8huQ2I_I8feXiFA&s=k0i2cdZSSXH0MyDM7OLoEdCYpUsIk5IvwQ0g_ucaJ-k&e=

List name is Sciart-L