Hello all,

I am not a scientific illustrator, but as a PhD student who is trying to incorporate science and art in my research, I enjoy the insight from this group.

Some of you may already be aware of this, so apologies if I'm repeating a topic that's been discussed - or that you're already doing - but does anyone from this group ever participate in/give presentations at science related conferences? I ask because I know I am not the only one who is interested in using art to communicate science and remember attending a couple of brief artistic presentations at past conferences that I really enjoyed.

For those who may be interested, I received an email about the upcoming conference below. Perhaps there could be a presentation or workshop given by illustrators at this or other scientific venues? One of their goals is to: Establish trans-disciplines collaborations (e.g., with artists, musicians, comedians, film makers, public relations experts, social media experts, and advertising agencies)

https://www.consmark.org/about-us/

Conservation Marketing & Engagement Congress (ConsMark)
ConsMark 2020
University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
22-24 October 2020
Visit the meeting website
Follow ConsMark on Facebook and Twitter (@SCBConsMark)

--