Friends,

Sending this our again as a post-holiday reminder. I’m hiring a collection manager for the entomology department. Please spread the word. Posted here(https://www.sdnhm.org/about-us/employment/) and below.

This will be a pretty plum job for the right candidate. Great mix of opportunities.

Cheers,

Michael

San Diego Natural History Museum seeks a full-time professional for the position of Entomology Collection Manager/Collections Registrar. While traditional collection management experience is necessary, we also expect the successful applicant to be involved in some field biology, taxonomic research, collection digitization, and cross-departmental registrar duties.

Areas of responsibilities include:

Qualifications:

Weekend and some evening availability is sometimes required. While the majority of work falls within the normal working day, field projects often extend through weekend and evening hours. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position with benefits. Please email a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae to [log in to unmask] with the subject line, “Ento Collection Manager Application.” Your cover letter should explicitly address your experience in collection management and cross-disciplinary teamwork. We will begin evaluating applications on January 13th, but the search will remain open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.

Michael Wall, Ph.D.

V.P of Science and Conservation

Curator of Entomology

P 619.255.0266
F 619.232.0248

There’s always something new at The Nat. Meet more than 20 of your not-so-cuddly animal neighbors in Living Lab, opening November 23.

Mailing address: P.O. Box 121390, San Diego, CA 92112-1390
Street address: 1788 El Prado, San Diego, CA  92101
Website   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   YouTube   LinkedIn