Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.amsmusicology.org_group_GlobalMusicHistory&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=73LwlGJx4hgUbE1XWHOCMNrCfCbxUIXGpTenlLoIAJI&s=C4gSF33fS3XvQPZHZMMvIxqC_BNSTkY6f8t8D-fu1Ho&e=

The AMS Global Music History Study Group will host a roundtable at the 2020
AMS and SMT Joint Meeting in Minneapolis. This year’s theme, building on
the inaugural session, is “Global Music Histories at the Interstices:
Perspectives across North and South.” We invite abstracts of no more than
200 words for 10-minute position papers. Proposals from early career
researchers and senior graduate students are especially welcome.

We are particularly interested in proposals from music historians,
including historical ethnomusicologists, and theorists, that explore global
music histories and their potential for remapping the Global North and
South at the interstices and for engendering new, connected perspectives
that bridge and collaboratively engage ideas of the “North” and “South.”

Please send submissions (as Word documents) to globalmusichistory.ams -at-
gmail.com by Monday, March 2, 2020. Please also mention your name and
career stage, and provide a short supplementary bibliography
(non-English-language sources are especially welcome). Decisions will be
sent out in mid-March.

IMPORTANT: Interested parties should know that while information on the
roundtable, including names of the confirmed presenters will be submitted
by the Study Group organizers through the AMS conference portal, this
information WILL NOT be evaluated by the program committee. It will only be
submitted via the portal to facilitate scheduling. As such, submissions to
this CFP WILL NOT be subject to the Alternate Years Rule.
Accepted presenters must follow conference registration policies.