Hi there:

In a nutshell, GNSI supported ASIP who was connected and associated in some manner with ARS many years ago.  They all went through a period of legal issues that naturally developed out of the establishment of U.S Royalties.  Many of our GNSI members supported ASIP and signed up with them, because At That Time, they were the only ones putting it forward.  Over about ten years or more, other organizations have emerged with their own system of applying for and receiving monies, wuch as ASCRL.  It has been a long and arduous journey for these organizations. Some have gone dormant, and others have moved forward with plans and proposals and are now issuing checks.

GNSI members should be aware of the various proposals from the organizations that might provide them with foreign royalties.

Please keep in mind that over the past few years, it became apparent that GNSI as an organization cannot throw it's "entire organizational support" into the ring of only one organization.  It therefore falls to each individual member to research the organization that may benefit the artist personally. GNSI cannot recommend to a member what to do, or who to join.

I "think" a single member should  sign up with only one organization and not "double-dip".  But the whole system has altered so much since I had conversations with those organizations as President.

I trust that if competing organizations have opportunities for our members, then it is their responsibility to put forth proposals to explain that.  They should also provide an OPT OUT opportunity, if ARS is by some odd chance using out-of-date ASIP member lists from over a decade ago.

I appreciate your thoughts and knowledge that you are receiving notices from other royalty organizations. This provides better information for our members,

Sincerely,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615