My only experience with Paypal is that they charge a higher service fee for foreign transactions, and it can vary from region to region. I suppose you need to be looking for something like a “Transfer” as opposed to a “Sale” for you moving money to a friend. I don’t know if Paypal does that anymore. I presume that might work if you were moving money from one Paypal account to another within the same country. I don’t know about any other situation, but moving money into the PayPal system or between countries seems likely to incur some costs no matter what.

Britt

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 9:29 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [SCIART] PayPal vs. Square

Hi All:

1. Any thoughts on mobile sales from either PayPal vs. Square for use of credit card payments?
a. Both have fees, yes.
b. PayPal recently did not give an option for Friends/Family discounted fees to a friend and I was charged a fee.  Is it just send a "money request" or does one have to "send an invoice", Paypal had no explanation or advice.  I cannot actually see the request that is being sent out and my friend did not have an option to check a box, when asked.

2. Have you used either while you were outside the US, using another currency?

3. Any other reliable company recommended?

Many thanks,

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lindafeltner.com&d=DwIGaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=V0wyVTktyBndiiQXT8-Fk07wnOnhI5FSLQxRJohsUng&s=6On7t8YWgbFBbuSGbG79j1_F6DrxPYJlhTnvV5DVp80&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lindafeltner.com&d=DwMDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=OJWGkkkITcCy_gVnik0Hhdh52dUY_4rlk6SiSVU6NeI&s=qMAZt9DFJP46oBsfWd5x5mWwqXxXVu1Yp7A5x8CoYKA&e=>

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIGaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=V0wyVTktyBndiiQXT8-Fk07wnOnhI5FSLQxRJohsUng&s=7FoTmDttQF5WvCBI3frkIwzy_rSMkOXwgXFBPpzShhE&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwMFaQ&c=ApwzowJNAKKw3xye91w7BE1XMRKi2LN9kiMk5Csz9Zk&r=WOFIP3PoBMB6GxFoK60qXmWGqbt80xGa-jiMH3cPh5dYf7eivXomNNjzGJu2q1zS&m=-bOnvmiobz5wP4hnjLPoFEOSechNzFTxbl2PqfRkS-w&s=sJvRudp8DQ73wWYxp1Z00PkSkvJIsT48xaraSLE2RUs&e=>List name is Sciart-L