Stephen, you brought something up that I had forgotten, thank you  We
were in Australia, and to pay for one of the guides, he brought out one
of those slider things that used to press credit cards onto a packet of
carbon sheets.  Old School, yay. Well, cards now don't have raised
letters, but he simply wrote down the numbers and info, we got a receipt
and he got his payment.  Presto Bingo.
You wrote:
"ask to shoot a photo of the customers card, front and back, and drivers
license ...   you can enter that charge after the fact with a direct
number entry. You won't have a signature,  but if you pack along and old
school swiping machine with carbon copy receipts , you can capture a
signature.. ( I am not sure of the amount of protection this would offer
when not dealing directly with a bank, but it should) "

Those swipey things are heavy (considering packing one in an
international flight) and no raised letters on cards anymore....
Can we just get those carbon packet thingies?   The quicker way would be
what you mention, simply take a photo of the front and back of their
card. But would that make some customers leery? They have no signature,
no receipt.   I suppose I could take my small receipt book as well.
hmmmm..  I am just thinking of backups.  Most of the purchases would be
impulse, perhaps, and to fiddle around with electronics is tedious (if
one isn't used to it- fast learning curve, etc).

However, the Museum probably has wifi and I anticipate logistics too much :)

Thanks for this,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lindafeltner.com&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=S-0ppIzP5b3gvQZ1_wELwu6l1dAgg7G9xufGlcnqmz0&s=wiEt3qTzvBNQWSFVIbZUgvYxBnb3T-WYmU2BCxew2iw&e=