good point about the raised numbers.... guess  I can chick mine...   I
know the guys next to me at the market use one, cause they done get a
phone signal in the field with their carrier... I'll have to ask them
about the raised numbers

my thought  was to capture a signature ....    I have and have seen a
signature captured and receipt given simply by writing the info on the
carbon sheet.   It still comes down to an after-the-fact data entry
charge, but has some semblance of authenticity, but this consideration
is very remote.   Without wifi, which I do not have out in the field
anyway, everything runs off the phone signal...  so either or..

sometimes I will make a test purchase myself, just to see things are in
order...   let square charge me 3 % of a dollar...

good luck

Stephen