I'm not sure about that reasonable price part, but I love my Fujitsu ScanSnap (mine is model ix1500, they have others). I use it for all quick scans, receipts and documents. Once you get the settings (not a big thing and there lots of options) you can load it up with a bunch of papers (of many sizes, even at once), press the button and stand back. It scans very fast with very clean images.

It's not cheap but it does work like a champ, IMHO worth every penny. We used to have a Neat portable scanner, that was pokey and slow.

You might be able to get a bundle with Paperless software, that's slick as well. You can organize everything into libraries and collections within libraries. Not essential but nice.I use it to keep all of my receipts (paper and online charges), deposit slips, various documents when I want a backup record.

Gail