Hi all,

I'm excited to announce that the Department of Entomology at Purdue University is hiring a Collection Manager for the Purdue Entomological Research Collection! The application is HERE. Review of applicants will start on March 15th. Start date is negotiable, but hopefully soon. Please email me at [log in to unmask] with any questions.

Cheers, Aaron

 ---

Aaron D. Smith, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Director
Purdue Entomological Research Collection
Department of Entomology
901 West State Street
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907 USA

Collection Manager - Purdue Entomological Research Collection (PERC)

Job Summary

The Purdue Entomological Research Collection (PERC) houses approximately two million arthropod specimens, representing more than 140,000 species. Our holdings include both worldwide and regional material, with approximately 60% of the collection representing the Indiana fauna. Notable components include the type collection, comprised of more than 2,500 specimens, the Blatchley collection of Coleoptera, and the Ephemeroptera collection, which is widely regarded as the largest and most comprehensive collection of mayflies in the world. The majority of the collection is preserved as pinned specimens, along with significant holdings of alcohol preserved (ex. Ephemeroptera and larvae) and slide mounted material.

The Collection Manager will be responsible for maintenance of the collection, including sending and re-housing loans, as well as participating in general curation, outreach, extension, and digitization efforts within the PERC. Additional duties include but are not limited to:

Required:

Preferred:

Additional Information