In my experience, the cheap forceps are mostly as good as the expensive
ones in everyday use.  Where you see the difference is when you drop them
on a hard floor.  The tips of the cheaper ones will not just bend more
easily but often break off.  That said I've been using the same pair of $6
forceps for over 10 years.

Karl