Dear colleagues

We hope that you and your families are safe and well. These are exceptionally challenging times for all of us.

Given the unprecedented uncertainty generated by the COVID-19 pandemic and its likely persistence around the world throughout the summer and possibly beyond, we have decided to postpone the 7th WINIR Conference which was due to take place in Catania, Sicily, Italy, on 10-13 September 2020. Plans are being made to hold the conference at some point in 2021.

We have a duty to protect the health of participants at WINIR events as much as possible, and have advised the organisers of all WINIR-sponsored events originally scheduled to take place in 2020 to take his issue very seriously.

The WINIR Council will investigate the value and viability of alternative options for interaction for WINIR members in the future, including virtual (online) events and focused online discussions of particular papers.

Best wishes

David

For the WINIR Council: Katharina Pistor, Geoffrey Hodgson, Francesca Gagliardi, David Gindis, Tobias Axelsson, Georgina Gomez, Massimiliano Vatiero, Nadia von Jacobi

---

David Gindis

WINIR Publicity Officer

Visit www.winir.org | Follow @winir2013