As of March 26th, the screen sharing settings within your account have automatically defaulted to “Only Host”. This setting gives hosts sole permission to share content within their meetings by default.

How do I give meeting participants the ability to share?
If you’d like to give participants screen sharing permission when hosting your next meeting, simply click the arrow to the right of the Screen Sharing icon, select Advanced Sharing Options and select All Participants.

Virtual Waiting Rooms
We highly recommend enabling the Waiting Room feature. This security enhancement is one of the best ways to protect your Zoom virtual classroom by giving you control over who can join your class and when. The virtual Waiting Room can be enabled for every class (in your settings) or for individual classes at the scheduling level. Watch this brief video to learn how to enable Waiting Rooms and manage participants. Watch Now

Best Practices for Securing Your Virtual Classrooms
Zoom has helped thousands of schools and teachers around the world quickly shift to remote virtual learning. Based on the feedback we’ve received from our education community, we’d like to highlight some best practices for securing your virtual classrooms. Read Blog

Zoom Training for UNL
Check our UNL Zoom course for security settings and how to use Zoom here at UNL.

https://canvas.unl.edu/courses/51239/pages/day-2-securing-your-meeting?module_item_id=1111628

Leona Barratt

Academic Technology, University of Nebraska | Lincoln

Information Technology Services

BL 205, UNL, 68588

https://its.nebraska.edu/

university of nebraska logo lockup with campuses

If you have a great IT Tip that you would like us to share in a future week, please email [log in to unmask] to tell us about it! Tips can be related to any technology on campus that you use in your work. Make sure to include “IT Tips Suggestion” in the subject line.