Deb makes a great point about saving to a “vanilla” format like pdf.

I have used LaCie drives for >20 years very successfully.

MaryBeth

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 12:51 PM Deb Haines <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Linda, I have used Transcend products for reliability.  Just realize if you save files but if they are based on older software versions they may not open up.  Items I have archived at work...27 years worth, and created in PowerPoint, or Illustrator, etc I find do not open. Software were written for different hardware structures.
I would suggest archiving to PDF archive format for items you will never reuse. Others if you need them make sure you keep old software handy, just in case.

Best,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 1:44 PM, Linda Feltner
Hi there,

I am doing a Studio Purge of old client paper documents  and design documents (goin' way way back). I can pour my excess energy into something quite productive :)

I am looking to purchase another external hard drive  (I have several over the years).  I am looking for a BRAND and type that has a reputation for reliable shelf-life.  I am going to dump my files onto it, and not use it. I won't use it for Time Machine.  This one will simply go into storage on a shelf.  I'm not interested in high transfer speed or the latest cords, I really want longevity.   I'm not sure capacity is a factor, I don't need massive storage for this one.

In the past, I have purchased OWC Mercury Elite Pros, GlyphTechnologies Blackbox Pro, and others. I've only had a Maxtor give out on me.
Can you please pass on any recommendations?

Many thanks
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538