From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 1:44 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [SCIART] External Hard Drives for Mac

Hi there,

I am doing a Studio Purge of old client paper documents  and design documents (goin' way way back). I can pour my excess energy into something quite productive :)

I am looking to purchase another external hard drive  (I have several over the years).  I am looking for a BRAND and type that has a reputation for reliable shelf-life.  I am going to dump my files onto it, and not use it. I won't use it for Time Machine.  This one will simply go into storage on a shelf.  I'm not interested in high transfer speed or the latest cords, I really want longevity.   I'm not sure capacity is a factor, I don't need massive storage for this one.

In the past, I have purchased OWC Mercury Elite Pros, GlyphTechnologies Blackbox Pro, and others. I've only had a Maxtor give out on me.
Can you please pass on any recommendations?

Many thanks
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lindafeltner.com&d=DwIGaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=g8qVeVksd-VwSR2sorWZVPi6JpRjTQQ0NphLsGHZ_Y0&s=hR85Y-1NAO1TPT62XkC-5tclpHOPBCkoOLpyrMYNyy8&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lindafeltner.com&d=DwMDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=wOIkv103HqF65KsVK6pyjpVTqopwlJ87rijJrHwCauI&s=CWffNRBlSNL2hyERcex_eRjq_FxeJdAxc-vitpE8EnQ&e=>

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIGaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=g8qVeVksd-VwSR2sorWZVPi6JpRjTQQ0NphLsGHZ_Y0&s=8XrAfg4Sb_GalR6t-zQJiW8D8lqeJG04NRPYX-rqER8&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwMFaQ&c=ApwzowJNAKKw3xye91w7BE1XMRKi2LN9kiMk5Csz9Zk&r=WOFIP3PoBMB6GxFoK60qXmWGqbt80xGa-jiMH3cPh5dYf7eivXomNNjzGJu2q1zS&m=zwCF4m0heCMGznv5izfKNZGk7HRuWmtNTqBcIS0OaOg&s=3yXmsZwZbsoeRkqUazCkmAeQlW2kzErZPBMfEW7EsDo&e=>List name is Sciart-L