Linda,

I have been very happy with the LaCie portable drives, but if you are just planning to use it as offline long term backup, you might want to get a box that you can just plug bare internal drives into and then pull them out and wrap them in a proper storage bag with silica crystals for long term storage.

https://www.amazon.com/Docking-Tccmebius-TCC-S867-US-External-Enclosure/dp/B07MVBQ6QX/

I would accept a Western Digital or a Seagate internal hard drive without much worry (2 & 3 Terabyte drives are $50-$100), especially if it will get limited use.  I think that proper storage conditions will be more important.

You will want a library/archiving software so you can search for material while the disks are offline. I have used

https://diskcatalogmaker.com  The older version was free, but the new supported version is $40, well worth it if you plan to keep a lot of old work offline. You might also be able to you the Adobe Bridge software, but like all adobe software it seems bloated compared to Diskcatalogmaker…

So you might have a total solution for less than $150.

Britt